Monday, June 05, 2006

Footprints in the sand

One night Ihad a dream.
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand:
one belonging to me, and the other to the LORD.
When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life.
This really bot
hered me and I questioned the LORD about it:
"LORD, you
said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."
The LORD replied:
"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home